The Director of Communications oversees all external communication efforts and strategies of Healing Nations. They will develop and manage a communications team to effectively and clearly tell the story of the ministry of Healing Nations. They will creatively design the external image of Healing Nations and work to keep all of Healing Nations’ supporters updated with the ministry’s needs and accomplishments.
It is important that in all communications efforts, the priority of communicating the work of God through this ministry be front and center. The Director of Communications will be directly involved in the mission of Healing Nations to glorify God through their work of displaying God’s goodness and glory to those outside of the organization through their creative efforts.
Support Team Building
All Healing Nations staff develop a personal support team to partner with them in this ministry. Your team supports you in your ministry position through prayer and financial gifts. How much you need to raise will depend on many factors such as experience, family size, the cost of living where you are located, etc. Our staff will work with you to determine your goals after you have been accepted for a position.
The funds you raise for support will cover the following:
- Personal ministry expenses
Insurance and other benefits (i.e. retirement) will be factored into your support-raising goal but are not provided directly by Healing Nations.
All the funds you raise will be designated directly to you. Healing Nations does not require that a percentage of your support be given to the organization to cover any administrative costs.
Healing Nations Culture
As a faith-based organization, Healing Nations strives to foster a gospel-centered workplace. We strive to encourage and equip our staff to live faithful lives of obedience to Jesus by living out Biblical truth. We believe that everyone involved in the organization, from board members to staff to those we serve, is of equal value to God and seek to treat each person that way. In all that we do, we desire to glorify God and make his name known, whether around the office or among the nations.
Download our Code of Conduct & Statement of Faith.
The Director of Communications will develop and oversee all of Healing Nations’ messaging and communication strategies. This includes the website, email campaigns, print materials, social media, audio and video content, etc.
Department & Supervisor
Communications, Mike Bell (Executive Director)
Relationship to the Mission of Healing Nations
The mission of Healing Nations is to glorify God by cultivating spiritual and physical flourishing through cross-cultural ministry. The Director of Communications works creatively to communicate how the work of the ministry contributes to the mission.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Authority
- Design and oversee all communication strategies within the organization
- Create and maintain a consistent message and brand across the organization
- Redesign and regularly update the Healing Nations website
- Design and oversee all external marketing efforts (website, email, social media, etc.)
- Produce video and audio material for the organization
- Develop and oversee a communications team
- 5-10 years working in communications or marketing
- Web management using WordPress
- Video & audio production
- Graphic design
- Interacting in a cross-cultural environment
Because of the unique nature of working within cross-cultural settings and because of the highly relational aspects of this ministry, the Director of Communications needs to be the following:
- Self-motivated; Organized; Creative; Relational; Problem-solver; Patient; Reliable; Faithful; Peacemaker; Empathetic; Intuitive
- Creative written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Flexible in learning and developing new systems and programs
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills with attention to detail
- Support team building and care (this is a support raised position)
Salt Lake City, UT; Grand Rapids, MI
Remote work should be expected
Download the Director of Communications job description.
After you apply, our Executive Team will review your application and contact your references. You will then be contacted to schedule an interview, after which, the Executive Team will make a decision to hire or not. Once a decision has been made, you will be contacted with next steps.
Please do not begin the support raising process until after you have received an affirmative decision of hiring.